Kostas Bourzis was just informed by the EU COST office that since more than the minimum number of sets of nominations has been received for the Action FA0701: Arthropod Symbiosis: From Fundamental Studies to Pest and Disease Management, the COST Office has started arranging the first Management Committee (MC) meeting to bring representatives together and start Action planning.
The Science Officer for Life Sciences, Dr. Ioanna Stavridou, has made a provisional booking for a room in the COST Office, Brussels, for the 26th of March, 2008.
The Officer has created a poll in a website that will allow us to know very easily the availability of people for the 26th of March, 2008. In case that this date is not very suitable for the other MC members, the meeting can be postponed to a later date so as to have a good country representation involved in the Action in this first MC meeting.
In addition, below is a draft agenda for the day:
26/03/2008: 10:00-17.00 (sandwich lunch will be provided by COST)
- Adoption of the agenda
- Presentation of the delegations
- General information on COST mechanism and on the funding of coordination
- Status of the COST Action
- Agreement on the internal rules of procedure for the Management Committee of the COST Action
- Election of Chair (and Vice-Chair) of the Action
- Election of Grant-Holder
- Working plan for the implementation of the COST Action (Memorandum of Understanding)objectives and working programme
- working method - organisation and management (including working groups)
- distribution of tasks
- Place and date of next meeting
Kostas Bourtzis, PhD
Associate Professor in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry,
Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Management,
University of Ioannina, 2 Seferi St., 30100 Agrinio, Greece
Tel: 30-26410-74114, Fax: 30-26410-74171